Friday 18 November 2011

Will I be arrested?

Our local Sainsbury's corner shop has been shut for the past nine days for a 'fundamental makeover' (well, that makes two of us who could do with one). So you can imagine my joy when it re-opened this morning, thus saving me from the horrors of the Co-op.

Well, the floor is shiny, they have new plastic baskets for fruit 'n' veg, and they have a gluten-free section. All of which are very exciting. But what really caught my eye was something quite different.

It was a notice in the cereal aisle.

IF YOU CANT FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR, PLEASE ASK.

Oh no, I thought. But being a nice, polite middle-class shopping type, I really couldn't deface a Sainsbury's notice. Could I?

Unfortunately there was a pen in my pocket.

The notice is now grammatical. But if you see grainy CCTV footage on Crimewatch of a mad-looking woman brandishing a fountain pen ... then it must have been my double.

No comments: